Obesity can RISK your health-12 Effective Home Remedies for Losing Weight
12 Effective Home Remedies for Losing Weight
1) Fruits and green vegetables are low calorie foods, so over weight persons should eat
these more frequently.
2) One should avoid intake of too much salt. Salt may be a factor for increasing the body weight.
3) Milk products like cheese, butter should be avoided because these are rich in fat. Meat and
non-vegetarian foods should also be avoided.
4) Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for losing weight and can be used
in a number of ways.
5) Rice and potato which contain a lot of carbohydrates should be avoided, cereals wheat is good.
6) Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful for losing weight.
7) Taking of honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in
the body and puts it into circulation, which is utilized as energy for normal functions.
One should start with small quantity of about 10 GMs. or a tablespoonful to be taken with warm water.
It is good to take it in early morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.
Fasting on honey and lime juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoonful of fresh honey should be mixed with a juice of half lime
or lemon in a glass of lukewarm water. It can be taken several times in a day at regular intervals.
9) Cabbage is considered to be an effective remedy for losing weight. This vegetable inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. It can be taken raw or cooked.
10) Exercise is an important part of weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat. In addition, it also relieves tension and tones up the muscles of the body. Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.
11) Lime juice is excellent for weight reduction. Juice of lime or lemon mixed in a glass of warm water and sweetened with honey should be taken every morning on an empty stomach.
12) Measure the portions of your food and make sure that the portions are small. For example one portion of rice should not be more than the quantity which can fit in your fist. Smaller meals at a regular interval of 4 to 5 hours will keep your metabolism high and prevent your body from converting the food into fat. You must also include regular exercise in your daily routine to help enhance weight reduction.
Source: Healthy world US